Adsense

Friday 30 October 2015

Folksy Friday Bonfire Night

 
 Bonfire Night is one of my favourite times of the year. I love going along to my local fireworks display and marvelling at the fireworks. It's always a good night!
 
All the makes in this list of five handmade items for Bonfire night are from Folksy.com and if you fancy buying any of them just click on the highlighted links or the titles under the picture.
 
1. When I was younger I remember getting toffee apples to eat before going to the bonfire. Not something I liked, (I preferred the chocolate cover apples with sprinkles!) but this make reminded me of that fact. I'd forgotten about it until I found them.
However don't eat these toffee apple scented wax melts by Tinder Box Candles, just melt them down in your oil burner and enjoy the fragrance.
 
£2.95

2. Something which is an essential on Bonfire night is a hat! As you stand waiting of the bonfire to be light, you nearly always end up feeling like a block of ice tottering from foot to foot trying to keep warm!
This hat by evecollection is the perfect solution to the cold. It's bright colour is right on trend this year as well so you can be warm and trendy! It has a cable pattern and cute bobble on the top.


£20.00
 
 3. So now we've enjoyed the toffee apples and we're warm in our hats so it's time for the bonfire to be lit. My local Bonfire has a different guy on the bonfire each year made by local people, last year it was a house with stained glass windows which lit up and revealed themselves when the fire was lit. The best part was the dragon on the roof with glowing eyes.
To represent the bonfire I choose this head piece by Dawn Chorus Creations. This piece actually looks like a fire with it's fire material and flicking fire feathers, it would look awesome when worn to a party
£9.50
 
4. At last all that waiting the first fireworks go off and we glaze at the beauty of them, perfectly illustrated in this make by March Hare.
The A4 print Giclee is of Kendal in the Lake District and shows fireworks over the town.
 
£20.00
 
5.  The last piece I chose is by an artist I first found on the Folksy forum, TalkFolksy. I was recommended this next artist by other fellow artists for this bonfire folksy Friday and took a look over to the Stephanie Guy Fine Art shop to her Halloween themed section where I found lots of flame inspired miniature creations. The one I picked to feature is less Halloween and more bonfire night I think.
It measures 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches and is of an owl looking out over the bonfire, a lovely piece which would look great collected with the other pieces of the collection in her shop.
 
£6.00
 
Hope you have enjoined browsing through this collection of bonfire items and if you would like to se more about any of the items features just click on the artists name or the title under the picture





Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment