Adsense

Saturday 17 October 2015

Featured Item. Red and Blue Necklace.


This week the featured item in my Fashion Magpie Jewellery shop is a brand new item, I've only just listed for sale. It is called the Blue and Red Necklace.
Its made with one of my favourite materials to work with, Jewel Enamel. I first discovered jewel enamel while watching the jewellery maker channel and found them featuring this brilliant stuff which melted down from a powder quickly to a liquid which could be poured into mould and then set within a minute and could be handled. I feel in love instantly and I've never looked back.


The pendant for this necklace is made with Apitite blue and Burmese Flame which is a red jewel enamel which has a gold frosted look when it's melting.
Each time I pour jewel enamel into a mould I never know what result I'm going to get which is half the fun of working with it. This particular pendant looks fantastic I love the flowing lines and mix of the colours.
Originally I had been planning to make this necklace mainly blues but the pendant dictated the colours to me and I decided instead to work mainly with red and accents of deep turquoise.
I placed the pendant on a bead board and planned my necklace on there, experimenting with how much turquoise I could use and trying not to go over board with the red.


I settled on using two different types of turquoise crackle glass and a red bead of a similar size with the same sort of crackle design. In between then I used red seed beads the same deep red as the jewel enamel.
The design only goes as high as the collar bone and then I used bronze chain to go behind the neck making it 24 inches long when worn.


 To buy this Red and Blue Necklace it is £12.95 with £3.20  UK postage and packaging. I also do international postage.


You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links




Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment