Adsense

Monday 29 June 2015

Featured Item. Tribal Necklace and Earrings

In this weeks featured piece I'm going to be talking about the Tribal Necklace and Earrings I made.


My inspiration for this piece came from a wanderlust I get every year around January, just after Christmas when all the good will for the cold, sometimes snowy, weather has started to wear off and now I'm just feeling cold and broke with no money!
That was when I started thinking of my bucket list of places I'd rather be in that moment, from that the tribal set was born.
I thought what would I like from a holiday and immediately thought of sun, so I picked out the reds and yellows of the necklace. Brighter the better to make it feel warm!
Next up, I picked out the tribal bead centre on the necklace and the crackle glass hexagon beads, to me these represented adventure and other cultures. I imagined the focal bead was something that had been inscribed on a wall somewhere centuries ago, like the pictures on rocks in the desert. The crackle glass reminded me of a school trip I had taken when I was younger down a mine which was full of fools gold.


I love visiting zoo's around the world when I visit places too, which is represented by the leopard print beads. Leopards are beautiful creatures, you can't help but be impressed by the power of them. I will never forgot the first time I saw one.
I used the leopard beads for the earrings also with a delicate filigree flower on top.


To finish off the necklace I added various decorative beads to compliment the ones I had picked. Placing them on a bead board I changed the beads around until they 'made sense to me.' Originally I had planned to string them on a tiger wire and hang them from the chain that way, but I changed my mind. The necklace was to static and I wanted it to be more free flowing just like a holiday, so I did the beads one by one onto eyepins and strung them together that way.

If you would like to be the one to buy this Tribal Necklace and Earring Set, it is £19.99 with £3.20 UK Postage and packaging. I do also post aboard.

It will come to you wrapped and in an organza gift bag.

You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links


Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
 
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment