Adsense

Monday 15 June 2015

Featured Item. Dichroic Glass Purple Stud Earrings

My weekly feature item post is a piece from my Etsy.com and folksy.com shops which I have selected to show you more about. This week I have chosen the most viewed item in my etsy shop to feature. The Purple Dichroic Glass Stud Earrings.

 
These beautiful earrings are the product of a simple idea. I have several different variations of these earrings and every pair are slightly different. These are the only purple earrings of this kind I have.
There made with dichroic glass cabochons and a stud earring back.



Dichroic glass is fused glass made by layering pieces of glass with micro layers of metal or oxides. This gives the glass a colour shifting quality, so for example with this earrings you may see the gold from one angle on the purple, but from another angle you can see silver or blue hues on the purple.
All dichroic glass comes with a black back which helps the colours to stand out.
The Dichroic Glass makes for very difficult photographing conditions, especially if it is a bit of a miserable day outside so there isn't much natural light, which I prefer to a flash. I find under the flash of a camera the dichroic glass does not look as good but you can define the layers easier.
None of my stud earrings are identical, which I state on their descriptions. Instead I pick out cabochons which are of simpler size and pair them that way.

The dichroic glass stud earrings are now sold since publishing this post.


You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links


Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
 
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment