Adsense

Sunday 24 May 2015

Featured Item. Turquiose Embossed Earrings

Sunday is featured item week, where I show you an item from my Folksy and Etsy shop and tell you a little bit more about it. This week is the turquoise embossed earrings.


These earrings are one of the first I made with my sissix bigkick embossing machine and Celtic motif DecoEmboss die.
There made by taking a small blank bronze coin and placing it in the DecoEmboss die where you want the pattern. As you can see from the above picture I chose the top of the circle pattern. the die is then closed and placed between two pieces of acrylic, on top of the solo platform in the embossing machine. This is all then winded through the machine by holding the top with one hand and turning the handle on the side with the other.
It's not necessary but I like to wind it back through after as well. Now just take your newly embossed coin out of the DecoEmboss die. For these earrings I gave then a buff first to shine up the raised pattern then dabbed Vintaj verdigris Patina ink all over them and then buffed the excess off again to reveal the pattern. This is all then sealed with Vintaj Glaze. The glaze helps to keep the shine and also prolongs the colour.
The only thing left to do was finish them off with a pale blue Swarovski crystal and add a ear hook.


 
To buy these Turquoise Embossed Earrings, they are available for sale for £6 with £1.95 UK postage and packaging, I can also post aboard.
They will come to you wrapped and in a organza gift bag.

You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links


Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
 
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment