Adsense

Saturday 22 November 2014

Featured item. Tree of life necklace

This Saturday I will be doing my next Christmas fair at New Hartley near Whitley Bay. So I thought for my next featured item I'd show a necklace that was much admired at my last fair in Bellingham.


This necklace is the tree of life necklace which I upcycled from a broken hoop earring and wire. I originally found the design for a Tree of Life necklace on Stumbleupon one day and thought they where beautiful. After googling them I found a tutorial and set to work. It's been a long time in the making this necklace because I wasn't sure what to make it in to once I'd finished the tree of life part and looped the multi coloured seed beads around the outer edge. I thought maybe a brooch or the focal point on a bracelet but then I purchased the beads that would eventually become the bead chain on the necklace. It was a match made in heaven! They looked great together, so I set about making the pendant into a necklace.


It was last October it made its debut to the public at Bellingham Christmas fair. People loved it and it got many comments on how lovely it was or how beautiful but alas it never sold. It was mainly my cheaper items selling that day. I finally got round to listing it on Folksy.com next in my little shop with all my other lovely pieces. It's enjoying being liked by many but still it's struggling to find a home.
For the Tree Of Life's next journey it will be coming with me to New Hartley Christmas Fair in the village Memorial Hall. It promises to be a good day with many people coming to visit, from the map of events on the same day it looks as if there will lots happening around about with it all ending with the Christmas Lights being switched on.
With all the going on at this fair, maybe I'll finally find a home for the Tree of Life Necklace. 

My folksy shop will be closed online while I'm at the Christmas fair on 29th November but will reopen in the evening, so if you would like to purchase this, or any of my other pieces from Fashion Magpie Jewellery please bare this in mind.

The Tree Of Life Necklace is £12.50 with £3.20 postage and packaging for the United Kingdom. I'm happy to send to other countries to.

No comments:

Post a Comment