Adsense

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Featured Item. Swallow Bracelet

My featured item posts are a piece chosen by myself each week to be shown and talked about, this week is the swallow bracelet.


This piece was one of the first pieces I made using the wrapping technique around the bead with the wire, I think it works really well with the feel of this bracelet, as I wanted it to look a little rustic (you can see the wrap technique best on the last picture).
The beads I used were another first for me, I had been watching a set of mixed porcelain beads for some time but they weren't something I had ever used before. Before this my main choice of beads was to use faux pearls so this was something of a break with tradition for me.
I didn't want this piece to be to uniform so I experimented with using different shape beads from the pack but putting them in different orders on each side. Next I mixed the red with some small 4mm filigree beads to break up the colour a bit.

The main focus of this bracelet, of course, is the swallow. They can be brought in packs of 4 on eBay but I only wanted the one and spent a few days hunting to find just one sold on its own. Its perfect for a bracelet, sitting at just the right size over the wrist, the only thing I had to do to it, was slightly bend the wings down to create more of a oval fit over the wrist.
Lastly I added the fastenings with a small bronze leaf on the clasp side.

All Items come wrapped and in an organza gift bag
All the pieces I make are one of a kind and can be brought from my shop called Fashion Magpie Jewellery.
The Swallow Bracelet is £10.00 with £3.20 UK postage and packaging. I also post aboard.

 You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links



Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
 
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment