Adsense

Friday 2 January 2015

Folksy Friday. What is your New Years Resolution?

It's that time again, time to start thinking of a new years resolution to (hopefully) stick to, to make 2015 a better year for you.
I've picked some of the most popular resolutions and tried to find crafts which could help you on your new journey.
To start with I'm going with one I think I'll adopt myself. I took up running in 2014 to try and make myself stronger and because it's something I enjoy which involves getting out the house without having to spend money. In 2015 I resolve to keep running and being the best possible version of me.
Another way to keep fit is to go to the gym, this stylish tote bag would be brilliant for carrying all the work out gear needed. It's called Canvas Gym Tote Bag and has the slogan 'If I work out harder can I eat more chocolate?' It's by Carry Stuff who do a whole range of slogan tote bags and accessories.


Another option for your new year resolution is to travel more. If I had the funds I would travel all the time, I love going somewhere new and exploring what it has to offer. Something I do when I do go on holiday is to write down what I've done when I was there so I carry a diary with me and put any receipts or wrappers in it like a scrapbook along with what I did that day.
This Travel Journal would be fantastic to take along, it looks great with its retro map look and has lined paper inside. This beautiful journal is by Beauty Bound Books who do a range of other handmade journals.

One resolution I come back to a lot is to eat more healthily. With this Vitamins and Minerals A3 Print super healthy eating illustration you'll be off to a flying start. It's quite a handy thing to have even if you don't go with healthy eating as your resolution as it details everything out neatly and is beautiful to look at also. It has each vitamin letter with a list of the foods in that group next to it. It's by Planet Utopia who make eye catching illustrations with bold colours.

Something a lot of people will be starting this January is to revolve to find a new hobby or try something new. Something I'd love to try is basket making. Ever since Kirstie Allsopp tried it on one of her Channel 4 shows I've been wanting to give it a go. On Folksy there is a company called Mid Wales Willow which make up craft kits for people to try. I've choose this Willow Table Basket: a craft kit for complete beginners to show you but they also have more advanced baskets and bunting you could try your hand at.
The best New Years resolution for 2015 you could possibly pick is a simple one. To smile more!
Sometimes all anyone wants is to receive a smile from someone, even if you have never met that person before it shows your friendly and could cheer someone up without you even knowing it.
Find something to laugh about everyday fused glass pendant red and cream sums it up perfectly, if you can't laugh about life, what can you do? This piece is made by the talented Blue Daisy Glass


If you would like to buy any of the items listed above just click on the coloured link and you will be taken over to Folksy.
To share this post just click on the social media links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment