Adsense

Saturday 31 January 2015

Featured item. Jewel Enamel Hearts.

My featured item this week is an item which is one of the items I do in more then one colour. There my Jewel Enamel Swirl Heart Brooches.
Jewel Enamel is a type of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder (UTEE). They come in a granular form which, when melted at 120 - 140 deg C become a viscous fluid of glorious colour and iridescence.
I make my brooches by pouring the Jewel Enamel into a mould of a heart and then hold the brooch back on the liquid with some pliers because the brooch fastening can get very hot while the Jewel Enamel set. Luckily this process doesn't take long.
My favourite part of making these is the melting process, it's mesmerising watching as I sprinkle a small heap of granules into the melting pot and see that very quickly turn to liquid.
I make lots of these to take to any craft fairs I keep the price low on them so the children who see these and want them can afford them. Of course it's not just children who buy this beautiful little heat it is the adults to.
Every piece with jewel enamel is completely unique, I could pour 3 of these brooches from the same mix of jewel enamel and each of those 3 would be different.
Here are some pictures of the Heart Swirls Brooches I have for sale at the moment. I think my favourite is the multi coloured heart brooch, see what you think.





 
These little brooches are £2.50 with £1.95 from my Fashion Magpie Jewellery Store on Folksy.com.
As with all pieces I'm happy to post aboard.

All items come wrapped and in an organza gift bag.

You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links
 

No comments:

Post a Comment