Adsense

Thursday 22 January 2015

Folksy Friday. There's a storm coming..

Great Britain has shivered this week in the snow but fear not because I have for you some of the best in hat, scarves and gloves so you can stay warm this winter.

First one for the men, some fingerless gloves by Stripy Kite. I love how cosy these gloves look and the mix of reds and yellows make me think of a fire which makes me feel even warmer. I should mention if you'd like these, the maker also has a matching scarf to make this a set.
 
For the ladies I found these wonderfully purpley (is that a word?!) crochet mittens by Crochet By Nina. Crocheted with various shades of purple and plum these mittens look divine.
 
Now we've got the gloves sorted out it's time to wind a scarf round our necks. There is literally thousands to choose from on Folksy (2153 to be exact!) which is fabulous. So much talent to choose from!
Diving into find you a scarf I came back out with this Red, Green Blue and Purple scarf. It's fun, it's vibrant and best of all it should help you stand apart from all the dark and monochrome colours of winter and be happy. Well done The Crafty Bride for a cheerful scarf.

 Next up time to don a hat, apparently we lose about 45 percent of our body heat through our head (depending on which scientist your talking to.)
Firstly (because I couldn't resist it) is this novelty hat which is available in all sizes for any age minion lover! I love despicable me, perhaps a little to much I'm very close now to being able to quote it as they talk. Sad I know! If despicable me isn't your thing Coolnannie also do other novelty hats such as the Gruffalo or Monsters Inc among others.
 
Personally I love this Woolly beret I found, the colours and pattern are perfect. It's made with Shetland wool by Mezzanluna Bags and Berets. Looking through the shops other pieces for sale I may have just fallen in love , I love the Scandinavian feel of their items.
 
 
As always if there is anything you would like to buy please click on the coloured links and you'll be taken there. If you would like to visit folksy and take a look for yourself the web address is www.folksy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment