Adsense

Friday 5 December 2014

Folksy Friday. Top 5 Handmade Stocking Fillers

It's December so everyone is hurrying round looking for Christmas gifts. This weeks post will show you the top 5 stocking fillers of Folksy.com as chosen by me.
I found all 5 of these on the Folksy Forum called TalkFolksy. I enjoy browsing through this forum and everyone is always happy and helpful so it's a joy to be there. It's just like popping round a friends for a cuppa and a natter!

The first piece I found is this Red Panda Necklace by The Catkin Boutique. It's unusual to find Red Pandas on anything these days which is odd because there cute and cute is always good! This talented artist drew this piece her self before adding it to plastic, then hand cut and polished it.

The second piece is something I've came across a number of times on Folksy and I think it's brilliant idea. This one is called Elephant Mother and Baby Papercut and is a miniature to be used in a dolls house. I love the idea of doing up a dolls house and putting in miniature pieces of artwork like this. This particular piece is by Iguana and measures approx. 3.5 x 6.5 cms.
 
The next piece is an original hand pulled woodblock print entitled Snowdrops by Woodblock Prints By Matt Underwood. I love the washed out quality to this piece it really stands out. The picture on the print is beautiful, this is one of thoughts pictures you can sit and look at all day and really admire the detail of the piece.

One of the best stocking fillers is these little lip balms, two of which have been award winners. There by Fairfield Gardens and are 100% natural lip balm with added bees wax.  There is four to choose from but for this I went with the Natural Bees Wax Lipbalm.

The last piece in this top 5 of stocking fillers are these Badges - Blue Animals. I love the whimsy of the pictures and was originally drawn to the rabbit picture which reminds me of a Watership Down illustration. There by Reflections, who I've decided to add to my favourite sellers list.
 
 
As with every week all the pieces featured in this post are for sale on folksy and can be purchased by clicking on the link on their title.
To share this piece with others just use the media links below.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment