Adsense

Sunday 7 December 2014

Featured Item. Christmas Snowflake Beaded Brooch

After sliding about each morning on the icy hill down to work last week I decided the perfect piece to feature this week is the Christmas Snowflake Beaded Brooch.
The met office is sure Britain is going to get snow soon. Maybe we'll get a white Christmas this year?
It was my hopes for a snow laden Christmas last year that inspired me to make this piece. It was at Kielder Christmas Fayre this time last year and the heating wasn't working very well in Kielder Castle where the fayre was based. It was freezing cold and ice was climbing up the windows, needless to say the table next to me with hats and scarves did very well!! (I didn't do to bad either!)
When I got home I set about making a brooch, cutting a length of copper welding wire and curling it round into a circle, then zig-zagging it through the middle before wrapping it around the outer edge.


Next I cut a long length of tiger wire and wrapped it several times over the copper wire to secure it.
My Nana had given me her stash of beads a few weeks earlier, and in them was the cold colours I needed for this icy design. I used pearly beads around the outer edge and then icy blue beads over the zig zag in the centre.
I had decided I wanted the brooch to look like a cut out of the sky down to the ground below, so I added a star charm to the top space and a line of white beads leading down to the snowflake in the second section, I repeated this down to the third section. The fourth section represented the ground, so I used tear drop shaped Swarovski crystals in blue and white to represent icicles. The icicles are beautiful on this brooch and when it is in light it spreads prisms of rainbows around the brooch. Really stunning!
The brooch fastening is hidden in behind the star.

All items from Fashion Magpie Jewellery come to you wrapped and in a silver organza gift bag.

This brooch is £8 with £1.95 UK Postage and Packaging. Can be posted aboard
 
You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links

No comments:

Post a Comment