Adsense

Monday 21 September 2015

Featured Item. Blackberry Earrings.


My featured item this week is inspired by a walk I took last week. My featured item is the Blackberry Earrings from my shop Fashion Magpie Jewellery.
I decided last week that I'm not going for walks enough at the moment, I live in rural Northumberland and I'm surrounded by the best countryside views and vistas the north Pennines have to offer but I don't go explore it enough these days. When I was younger I regularly walked up to Hadrian's wall and had picnics at Cawfields or played in the woods at Haltwhistle Burn. Now though the only time I'm out walking is either to work, the shops or around the block with the dog.
So I put on my boots and grabbed the dog for a walk. I love autumn, the colours are amazing and the weather is getting more blustery.
I decided to walk from Hexham to Corbridge, which isn't a long walk but my dog loves it. It follows the road between the two towns and has a line of trees either side of the road. Beyond that you can see along the Tyne Valley in both directions over the hills and down into the valley bottom where the river Tyne meanders.
The trees are only just starting to change and drop their leaves. I found a few conkers as I was walking and pocketed them. Apparently there good for keeping spiders out your house!
Around the base of the trees brambles where starting to ripen and I decided instead of doing another leaf themed autumn post, I'd feature my Blackberry Earrings instead.



There design was inspired by the black bead, which reminded me of a berry with it's bumpy surface, the green bead underneath represents the leaves of the bush and the bronze colour of the metal hoop represents the woody vines. I love how these earrings all came together, they look beautiful and are super lightweight!


 The Blackberry Earrings are £6.00 and £3.20 UK postage and packaging.
 
You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links




Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.


To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment