Adsense

Thursday 16 October 2014

Folksy Friday. The 5 best photography pictures on folksy.

As well as enjoying making jewellery I also have other passions I enjoy. I love landscape photography and living in the heart of Hadrian's wall country is perfect for this hobby. I have loved photography all my life and even at one point left my job to pursue a career and train up properly but it has never got past being a hobby for me.
I have a Lumix G2 I brought a few years ago, I love this camera and especially love the touch focus and the screen which you can pull out and spin round.

My favourite place to go take photos is Allen Banks just out side Barden Mill in Northumberland. It is a wood on the Ridley Hall estate which is particularly beautiful at this time of year when the leaves are changing as you can see from the picture above. Unfortunately the Victorian 'wobbly' bridge over the river was destroyed last winter and it's not due to open again for a while. To read more about the 150 year old wobbly bridge read here.

My Folksy Friday this week is the beautiful photography pictures I like on folksy that i've found and they've took my breath away or made me say wow!
My first picture I chose is Old Fruit Market, Glasgow. The photographer, Stuart Brown Photography, describes this picture as 'old world charm' something I think this picture has buckets of. I love the crisp colours and the old signs of the fruit market. This picture make me want to travel to Glasgow just to find this place which I think is the mark of a very good picture.

 
My second picture is of Ashness bridge in the Lake District. I love the contrast of the rocks in the stream with the oranges of the field and trees behind. It reminds me of a bridge as you're going out of Kielder Village north toward Scotland there is a moor with a little bridge simpler in style to this one. I like stone bridges, they have so much more character then there modern equivalents.
This photo is by OCONNART
 This is the type of picture I love to do myself. Getting right up close to something like in this picture, rain/dew drops. This photographer is one I've featured on folksy Friday before (read here)  there called FizzStudio. This picture is beautiful and so serene, it looks like the calm after a storm when it's rained hard then the moon peaks out from the clouds and catches on the drops, or it could just be my imagination but I still love this picture called Amber Moon
A flashback to my childhood now with this picture of a Chinese Lantern plant shell. I love these plants, they remind me of going to wait of my mam finishing work. She worked for a group called helping hands who looked after old people in their homes. At one of the houses, the house of an old man called Mr Goodfellow, he grew these plants in his front garden.
This picture captures beautifully how skeletal the orange goes on the lantern part of the plant. I chose this picture because of my memories and because I think my mam would like it. (xmas present idea?!) The work is by the brilliantly named Stories Under Stones Claire Simpson.
My last find is a picture of Sycamore Gap on Hadrians wall. When I saw this picture I immediately knew it had to be added to this list. My partner and I went walking up here last spring with our dog. To though who don't know, this is the tree from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves the 1991 film with Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman, read here to find out more about the trees involvement. 
When ever I went for a drive up here with my parents when I was little, my brother and I would look out for Robin Hoods tree.
This version of the picture is by Becky Whittaker Photography, she doesn't have many pictures on folksy but this one has been spotted by me and made the list of my beautiful photography pictures on Folksy Friday.
 
If you would like to buy any of these pictures just click on their coloured links and you will be taken over to there picture.
If you would like to share this post with others you can click on your favourite social media links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment