Adsense

Monday 24 August 2015

Featured Item. The Birds Nest Ring.


This weeks featured item is the Bird Nest Ring, which is available in my shop Fashion Magpie Jewellery.


The birds nest ring has been a popular piece in my shop and is part of the new range of rings I mentioned in my earlier post about the steampunk cog ring. (read here.)
The beads at the centre of this ring which make the eggs of the birds nest, are a beautiful deep orange colour but also shine with a multitude of other colours which you don't see until the light reflects off them.


The wire is a galvanised wire which was wound through all three beads then rounded them several times to make the base of the nest. The wire was then wounded between each bead three times to make the nest strong. For the ring base I decided upon a size and made a circle with the wire 3 widths wide and then coiled the wire over these as tightly as I could so the original circle could not be seen beneath the coil. The birds nest was then attached to the base once the coil ends meet and the last of the length of wire was wound around the base of the nest to keep it from wobbling.


If you would like to buy the Birds Nest Ring it is £4.50 from Fashion Magpie Jewellery with £1.95 UK postage and packaging. (I can also send aboard)


You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links




Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment