Adsense

Sunday 26 April 2015

Featured Item. Green Embossed necklace

Every Sunday I feature a post from my shop, Fashion Magpie Jewellery. This week is the Green Embossed Necklace.

 
The thing I like the most about this necklace is the little 6mm fire polished beads, their lime green colour and added sparkle just drew me in and it was long before I had a project for them.
I looked up how there made and was interested to find that there made by pouring glass into round bead molds, then there given their facet with a grinding wheel before the beads are then reheated just long enough to melt the top layer of the bead, which gets rid of any imperfections and gives a polished look, hence the name fire polished. Learn something new everyday!
The pendant is a 50mm bronze setting with an embossed bronze coin in the centre and a filigree donut around the embossing. I brought the filigree a long time ago with a pack of similar items, but I had been keeping this piece for something special. I paired it with the leaf embossed coin which looked good but it was lacking that something else to 'finish' it off. The bronze pendant setting was that piece.
To match with the beads I painted the embossed centre with Moss Vintaj patina ink, then gave it a light sanding to bring the pattern forward again and reveal the metal. I then sealed it with Vintaj glaze to stop the metal shine on the pattern from fading with time.
 



If you'd like to buy the green embossed necklace they will come wrapped and in an organza gift bag
All the pieces I make are one of a kind and can be brought from my shop called Fashion Magpie Jewellery.
The Embossed Necklace it is £12.50 with £3.20 UK postage and packaging. I also post aboard.

 You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links


Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
 
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment