Adsense

Sunday 17 April 2016

Featured Item. Cog Diamanté Ring

 
Back at the end of Summer 2015 I was doing a lot of experimenting with making rings and using cogs from old watches to get a steampunk feel.
This weeks featured item is the result of some of those experiments, it is the Steampunk Adjustable ring for Fashion Magpie Jewellery.



The face of the ring is set on a sieve blank ring base which is adjustable to fit any size. For the face I used a silver head pin which I threaded with various watch parts. I liked the two tone effect between the silver and brass so used that as an idea for the design. Starting small I gradually upped the size of the cogs and then found two larger pieces which I fitted together to cover the sieve on the ring blank.

 
Now I was happy with the design of the ring I used the rest of the head pin to wrap around the ring base and secure it in place. To finish I added a dab of glue to the two bigger pieces to stop them spinning and then added diamante for decoration.


The steampunk adjustable ring is £4.50 with £1.95 UK P+P.

All Fashion Magpie Jewellery come wrapped with tissue in a organza gift bag.

You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links




Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.
To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment