Adsense

Sunday 17 January 2016

Featured item. Red and blue necklace



Each week I take a piece of my jewellery from my shop to write about for you in my featured items blog post. I aim to use this post as a insight into the inner working of Fashion Magpie jewellery.
This week I have chosen to feature the red and blue necklace, which is one of my favourite Jewel enamel pieces.
As with most of my necklace pieces I started with the pendant. It's this pendant which I love the most about the necklace. It's a plain brass coloured disc but it's the Jewel enamel within which really catches the eye. This piece typifies how unpredictable the Jewel enamel is. I used sapphire blue and Burmese flame.
Burmese Flame jewel enamel is my favourite jewel enamel. When it first melts it has a pure gold glaze over the top of the colour, so if you pour it straight away you will get a deep bright red with hints of gold in it. However if its left a little longer the gold disappears and your left with the red you can see in this necklace.
I love the way the pendant almost looks like an alien world, with blue seas and red continents. Perhaps this is what Mars used to look like?


The chain on this necklace is made up of a mixture of red beads with turquoise crackle glass beads. I wanted to keep the look of this being of another world, so the red beads all look like stones and the crackle beads look like the oceans whirling around.


I'm really pleased with how well the colours all match up in this necklace. Measuring 24 inches long, it would be ideally worn with a high necklace top to best show it off.

 
To buy the Red and Blue Necklace it is £12.95 with £3.20 UK postage and packaging.



You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links




Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment