Adsense

Monday 25 January 2016

Featured Item. Owl Necklace

 
This weeks featured item is the Owl Necklace from my online shop Fashion Magpie Jewellery.
The owl necklace is a bronze coin which was pressed onto a pattern with a Vintaj Big Kick embossing machine. The embossing machine rolls the blank coin with a deco embossing pad sandwiched between to clear pieces of plastic. The rolls pressed the coin down onto the pattern and emboss it.
Next I took the patterned coin and polished it with a nail file pad. This technique helps to polish only the pattern on the coin and relieves it. The next step was to add colour, I did this using Vintaj's patina ink which I dabbed onto the coin with a paint brush. the colour I used is called Moss green. Before it dries and while its still tacky I took the nail file pad to it again and polished the patina from the pattern so the green only remained on the background.
 
 
To keep the shine I coated the entire coin in patina glaze, again by Vintaj. this helps to keep the metal pristine.
When the coin had dried I wrapped a four star shaped filigree around the back and then added holes with a hole punch where I wanted the owl to hang from (it already had the hole in the top.) 
 
 
The owl is a bronze charm with a front and back to the owl. I hung him from a jump ring and added him to the bottom of the coin.
The chain is made up of a mixture of 8mm bronze filigree beads and 3 beads together, 2 brown beads and a moss green faux pearl. 
 
 
 
To buy the Owl Necklace it is £12.95 with £3.20 UK postage and packaging.



You can find Fashion Magpie Jewellery at the below links




Fashion Magpie Jewellery Blog is a celebration of antique and handcrafted jewellery, with regular featured items from my shop, antique jewellery showcase, interviews, reviews and tutorials.

To be the first to hear the latest news from Fashion Magpie Jewellery blog you can find me on FacebookTwitterPinterest and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment